Thursday, January 7, 2010

Weekly Meal Plan

Here we are, in the second week of the new year, and already I'm deviating from my resolution to eat seasonally. We're going on a 6-day ski trip to Mammoth, CA with another family and staying in a condo. To save money and simplify things, we're bringing food to prepare our own meals. The thought of having to incorporate seasonally available produce into our combined meal plan was just too overwhelming.

Nevertheless, here is the produce offered by the CSA for this week:
Lettuce
Tatsoi
Swiss Chard
Grape Tomatoes
Spinach
Carrots
Onions
Butternut Squash
Apples
Tangerines
Strawberry Jam

Yeah, I can't say I'm crying my eyes out not to be using "Tatsoi." No idea what that even is...

Here's my meal plan:
Dinner #1: Sweet potato and Peanut Stew
Dinner #2: Pot Roast, mashed potatoes, veggies
Lunches: leftovers, eating at the lodge
Breakfasts: Pumpkin pancakes with yogurt, granola

I have to say, one thing I like about combined meal planning with another family: fewer meals to come up with!

Send good thoughts that I don't kill myself on the way down the mountain. Lack of coordination + one year since skiing = Danger! Danger!

No comments:

Post a Comment