Tuesday, December 1, 2009

24 More Shopping Sewing Days until Christmas!

Inspired by Crunchy Chicken's Buy Hand for the Holidays Challenge, I decided to make gifts for the kids this year. I came across this adorable House Pouch and am already on my second one. And what better occupants for a House Pouch, than some cute little clothespin dolls? Did you make these as a kid? I didn't. But they're quick and easy to make. And I've been having so much fun!

Currently, Ms. Ballerina is the only occupant. She's feeling lonely.

And then I realized that that it was almost December. December! Ack! So I called in the big guns and ordered a sewing machine.

I'm not sure what I'm expecting here. I haven't used a sewing machine since I was in the 7th grade. I don't even remember how to thread one! But oh, this machine. It hasn't even arrived yet, and already I'm in love. Mostly with the reviews on Amazon, but still. The reverse stitching! The automatic threading capability! I'm sure my love will diminish somewhat when it actually arrives and I'm wading through the voluminous manual.

Will it be faster - or s l o w e r - than my hand sewing? The jury is out.

No comments:

Post a Comment